Friday, April 17, 2009

Fly

Have you ever had one of those distant, foggy little memories that you kind of keep to yourself, unsure that what you "remember" was even documentable fact?
Well, I had a moment like that today. Over the past few months, I've had this urge to look up a song that I remember listening to when I was little. Younger. Whatever.
The only catch was that I couldn't recall anything about it, except that it was sung by a lady who dedicated it to her niece who had died. That was it, and just as I was becoming quite frustrated with myself, I decided to ask Mom about it. Stupid me; I should've tried that in the first place. When I mentioned it she said, "Wow, you remember that? That was Celine Dion."
I liked Celine Dion?!?! That was a surprise. Trouble was, neither of us could remember the title. So, after a few minutes of searching, we found that it was called "Fly."
So, I might sound like a major sap, but I'll confess, that is one of the only songs that can make me cry. In fact, I'm tearing up as I write this. Maybe it's hayfever. Anyway, if you are up to hearing something sentimental, I added Fly to my playlist, @ the very bottom.

1 comment:

Alaina Mathers said...

I've done that with a couple of the craziest songs from my childhood as well. .. but I could just remember like one line from them so I was able to google them. . . Memories are crazy things.