Monday, March 22, 2010

A Fancy, Lovely Birthday

I was given so many fabulous gifts on my birthday, and here is one of my favorites: I'm not much of one for perfume, but this is different. We get those Herberger's flyers in the mail, (you know, like everyone else) and there is usually a perfume sample in there. They all smell good, but after a while, they all seem like the same stuff. Not this one. As soon as I got a whiff, I was -there's no other word for it- transported. Rapture, bliss, and delectation don't come close to describing it. So, every few months, it was "Mommy, when I turn 18...." "Mommy, for my birthday..." until I opened that pretty little box. Ahhh..... Thank you, Mommy!!

2 comments:

joshthecollegekid said...

Hmmm...well, Im glad you had a good time.....Will you only use it on special occasions?.....jessica simpson..?

Rayia said...

Oh, how fun! I'll have to go and give that a try at the perfume counter!