Monday, July 12, 2010

I Gotsa Pancake

Now, you all probably know about my friend Megan, and how much she loves bananas. Well, I happen to be a fan also. They are yummy, and a good source of potassium. After we had been in town for several hours today, we came home wondering what we should do for dinner. Spying some past-their-prime bananas on the counter, I figured it was a good time to try something I've been curious about for awhile. It was quite good, if I do say so myself. So, this one's for you, Megan. Enjoy the eats and tunes. :-)

Banana Pancakes

2 1/2 c. flour (I prefer wheat)
2 t. baking powder
2 beaten eggs
2 c. milk
2 T. cooking oil
1 c. rolled oats
3 very ripe, well smushed bananas

Mix dry ingredients, add wet ingredients, gradually stir in bananas. Spoon 1/4 c. blobs onto griddle at medium heat. Cook on both sides. Flip onto plates, top with your preference of goodies. Simple.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yummy. That is interesting about mushing up the bananas and mixing it into the batter. We slice ours up and place them in the cooking pancake after about a minute so they don't spread the batter. Did they taste kind of like banana bread?

Love the song too:)

Hannah said...

Yes, actually it was somewhat similar.

Willie'sGurl said...

This sounds yummy. :) will have to try them ^_^ ... *sigh, sniff sniff* If only Willie and I were not on a diet... It will have to be on one of our cheat days lol ;) Thanks for sharing. :)