Wednesday, February 16, 2011

1/3

Yay!! I'm almost done with the first trimester of pregnancy! Not that it's been all that horrible, just the normal food aversions/cravings, digestive malfunction, sleepiness, mild nausea, and a suddenly way-too-sharp sense of smell. I've been wishing for summer so much, and it would seem that many hold the same yearnings. Mental trips to cherry orchards and peach stands are intervened occasionally by dreams of cool grass and juicy watermelon.
I recently reread Mireille Guiliano's book, French Women Don't get Fat, for about the third time. She includes so many yummy sounding recipes, and lots of practical tips for a healthy lifestyle. One I tried today for the first time was plain yogurt with honey. Yum! And this afternoon, I'm making bagels.
Something else I've been up to is lots of knitting. My latest project is a little lacy pink baby cardigan from Debbie Bliss's book, Simply Baby. My knitting has come along way, but anything with "simple" in the title is automatically a running candidate as to whether I'd actually finish any projects. But why make girl clothes when we could be having a boy? Well, we decided long before that we want to keep our little person's gender a secret until the big day. So, to even things up, I'm planning to make a manly ribbed jacket from the same book, in blue or green.
One of each, just in case.

No comments: