Monday, September 12, 2011

My Boy is Here!!

It's been awhile since I wrote, and my followers are probably wondering what I've been up to. If you haven't, that's okay; I know you all have lives. ;-)
This here is why I've been tardy. Getting ready for Sean's arrival, a false alarm, and general late-pregnancy laziness are my best excuses for not writing more.
Our son was born weighing 6lb. 14oz., at 12:51, on Saturday morning. We're kinda tickled that he came on 9/10/11. His birth took some unexpected turns, as after experiencing an exhausting labor for nearly three days, we finally resorted to an epidural. I had been dead set on doing everything naturally, but with Sean being post-date, and after discovering that my back had become too tense for his head to be born, we decided that was our only remaining option.
Thankfully, God is good, even when things don't go quite as we expect.

Just after he was born, Sean had to be taken to the nursery because he was unresponsive and had gunk down in his lungs. The next day though, he was doing much better, and by Sunday night, he could stay in our room.
Now we are home, and the up-all-nights have begun.

So far, Sean has been doing great. He took to nursing so well, and is alert and inquisitive about everything around him, including the Rubik's cube mobile his Daddy made for him.
We love the little Mallery God blessed us with!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Hannah! He is such a little man. I can't wait to see him again. Love you guys!

Tina Vestal said...

Hannah, you are such a good mommy and I am so proud of you!! Hope you are able to get some sleep.
Love you,
mom

Megan said...

Oh Hannah, I already love him so much! I can't wait to be an auntie to him and watch him grow up. Maybe I can come over sometime when you're feeling up to it, I'd love to hold him:)

Kathleen said...

He's wonderful! I can't wait to officially meet him :)

Beth said...

What a great little guy! Wish I was closer to get to know him. Congratulations and give him kisses for his "great" aunt Beth.

Autumn said...

Oh Hannah!!!! He is sooo adorable! Congrats to you and Ridge and kiss Sean for me.
love and hugs from Australia
Autumn

Rayia said...

Hannah, he is SO darling! Oh, I can't wait to meet him and wish so much we could just drop everything and come right up!!!:(

We love you! Hope you get some sleep!

Nicole said...

I'm rather sad that your little fruit banner is gone, but now we know your baby is the size of a baby:)
congratulations!!