Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Two Years

Yesterday marked two years since the first day we started courting. It amazes me how fast that time went. So much has happened; the wedding, a new vehicle, our sweet boy, and a house of our own, not to mention Blogger's numerous reinventions (I'm not too fond of the new format).

Of course I was feeling all nostalgic, so I had planned to make a more-fancy-than-usual dinner, dress up, set the table nicely, etc. A busy boy who loves to grab everything, a list of errands, housework, and the occasional smushed pretzel in the carpet changed the direction of those plans, though.
We still had our chicken crepes, but the salad was less than inspired and the Caesar dressing (for reasons unknown) was congealed, and there were yogurt fingerprints to clean up. Then we watched a movie and ate salted peanuts and kept the little hands away from the cords.

What is life without some imperfection?

I have to admit, even though I love having a home of our own, I have about double the square feet to keep clean, and with Sean crawling everywhere now, some of it has to be done while he naps (which is why, if it weren't for the fact that I haven't blogged in so long, I'd be feeling pretty guilty right now).
Sean is getting so big, and is such a sweet boy! He gets into everything, but learns quickly when we tell him "no." He babbles so much, is always making us laugh, and gives such soft, warm hugs. :-)
I love being his Mama.
Well, I would post a picture of Ridge and I, but I need to get a more recent one than what I have.
I hope to start posting more, but this is all for now!

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Congrats to you both! Your little man is so adorable!!!
~
Autumn

Abigail said...

Sounds like how our anniversary went... not like how I had it in my mind, but so precious anyway! Love the picture in the bowl...did he climb in there himself? :)

Hannah said...

I posed him in the bowl. It's kind of a family tradition to take baby pictures in a white tub with a blue backdrop. :-)

Nicole said...

I had a highly imperfect night last night too. What is life without it? :]

congratulations on your 2 years! and wow he is gettting big...