Saturday, June 25, 2011

Read Me a Story!

As I finished registering for Sean's baby shower, I began to eye goodies on further horizons. I am looking forward to reading to my little boy, as well as teaching him to read, and the charm of books I enjoyed years ago has drawn me back to the shelf where they have sat, untouched, for years. When I look at the majority of the drivel masquerading as children's books these days, I am all the more sure that I want to give him these innocent and imaginative stories instead. Please excuse the "Look Inside!" graphics; I got the images off Amazon.




3 comments:

Megan said...

I never read some of those books, but they look really cute. I love childhood books; I have nothing but fond memories....

Nicole said...

I LOVE blueberries for sal, the story of ping, and ferdinand. blueberries for sal was my favorite when I was a little girl - I had it memorized before I could even read :)

Kerm said...

Be prepared to read them 100s of times - till your exasperated and blue in the face, but then years later look back second time with warmth in your heart. (you'll most likely even get a third time)